The St Helens and Knowsley Citizens Charter for End of Life Care has been developed for people who have a life limiting illness or who may be terminally ill and represents the commitment of local health organisations in delivering the best possible end of life care.
The Charter includes 12 statements of care which focus on:
- keeping the patient and their family informed and supported
- information sharing with other organisations
- promoting choice and control
- ensuring the care is personal to the person
A copy of the Charter is available here.
The Charter is currently part of an extensive education programme led by Specialist Palliative Care Teams, the Integrated Advance Care Planning team and End of Life Care facilitators across the area.
Organisations involved in developing the Charter include:
- St Helens and Knowsley Clinical Commissioning Groups
- The 5 Borough Partnership
- Bridgewater Community Trust
- Willowbrook Hospice
- St Helens and Knowsley Councils
- St Helens and Whiston Hospitals