Our aim is to enhance the quality of life for every individual throughout all stages of their illness. Individual needs are continually reassessed to ensure that care is the best it can be.
- The Hospice has ten in-patient beds made up of 5 single bedrooms, one 2 bedded room and one 3 bedded room.
- There are 5 beds on Willow suite and 5 beds on Oak suite
- All bedrooms have ensuite facilities.
- The 3 bedded room has a walk in hydrotherapy bath.
- All bedrooms have air conditioning
- Each bed has a flat screen digital TV with built in freeview
- Each patient has their own bedside cabinet and wardrobe
Key members of the team
The in-patient team is headed up by a Consultant in Palliative Medicine supported by experienced medical and nursing staff, specialist pharmacist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, complementary therapist, social worker, chaplain and family support officer.
The clinical team is supported by trained catering staff who provide nourishing and homely food and housekeepers clean the Hospice every day to control infection.
Patients are referred to the In Patient Unit by Health Care professionals caring for a patient. Please contact your district nurse or GP if you feel we can be of any help.
Willowbrook Hospice offers facilities for patients in need of specialist palliative care. Patients are admitted based on clinical need for a variety of reasons including management of pain and other distressing symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, psychological support and terminal care.
Last year 57% of our in patients were discharged from the inpatient unit back to their preferred place of care, which is normally their home. In order to do this we start planning discharges at an early stage ensuring a smooth discharge to home or nursing home.
Following discharge patients may be referred to our Day Therapy Unit or Out Patient clinic for continuing care. Hospice staff also liaise closely with GPís, Macmillan Nurses and District Nurses to ensure patients and carers are well supported at home.
Some helpful information for visitors.
Care and support for our patients and their loved ones is of the utmost importance to us at Willowbrook Hospice.
- There are no restrictions on visiting times.
- Children are welcome to visit but we ask that you supervise them at all times for the benefit of other patients.
- Snacks, teas and coffee are available to purchase throughout the day and night from our vending machines.
- Hot meals may be purchased at lunch and teatime by ordering from the catering staff.
- There are facilities for a loved one to stay overnight at the hospice if it is necessary
- Willowbrook Hospice only allows smoking in designated areas. Please observe the conditions and be considerate when smoking so as not to cause offence to those who donít smoke
- It may be possible for pets to visit by prior arrangement with the nursing staff.
- Specialist Palliative Care
- Inpatient Unit
- Day Therapy Unit
- Outpatient Unit
- Psychosocial Services
- Family Support
- Spiritual and Religious Care
- Social Care
- Special services
- Bereavement Support
- Liverpool Care Pathway
© 2013 Willowbrook Hospice.
All rights reserved.
Registered charity no. 1020240
Disclaimer | Accessibility
Willowbrook Hospice, Portico Lane
Prescot, Merseyside L34 2QT
Tel: 0151 430 8736
54/56 Claughton Street
St Helens, Merseyside WA10 1SN
Tel: 01744 453798
|Designed and built by Cultivate Creative|