The Community Team
The service consists of a Community Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Dr Seamus Coyle, a Team Manager, Theresa Doyle and seven NHS Clinical Nurse Specialists (also known as Macmillan Nurses).
All are experienced Specialist Palliative Care professionals providing a service to patients living at home or in residential/nursing home settings in St Helens or Knowsley.
What is the Macmillan Community Specialist Palliative Care Service?
It provides :-
- a service to patients with a life limiting illness
- advice and support to patients/families and/or carers and health professionals
- specialist pain and symptom control
- emotional and spiritual support
- a high level of clinical decision making
How is the service delivered?
The service can be direct by face to face contact with patients and families who have complex problems requiring specialist intervention or Indirect by educating and supporting providers of palliative care through education, joint working and the promotion of End of Life tools.
How can I contact the team?
The service is based at
Telephone number: 0151 430 3566
Fax line: 0151 289 8776