There are a number of benefits working for Willowbrook Hospice, an independent charity.
- Competitive salary. We have adopted elements of the NHS's Agenda for Change across the whole Hospice organisation
- Matched Contributory Willowbrook Stakeholder pension scheme, up to maximum 5% contribution from the Hospice
- Option for existing NHS members to stay in the NHS pension scheme with the Hospice paying the employers contribution
- Sick pay scheme up to maximum 3 months full pay then 3 months half pay after 5 years service
- Minimum 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays or pro rata for part time workers
- Subsidised meals at the Hospice
- Equal opportunity employer
- Knowledge skills framework appraisal system
- Staff Cyclescheme
- Free parking
- Easy access via public transport, close proximity to Eccleston Park train station
We are extremely supportive of training needs for all staff and we aim to accommodate staff requirements wherever possible. Your line Manager will help you to find the courses or conferences that will really benefit you and Willowbrook Hospice. We have a range of learning experiences from on-line in the comfort of our dedicated training room, in house courses in our seminar room, a range of external courses if appropriate and attendance at external conferences when relevant.
As a member of Willowbrook Hospice staff, you have the option to join our Stakeholder Pension Scheme, or if you have previously been a member of the NHS Pension Scheme then you will have the option to remain in this scheme and the Hospice will pay the employers contributions.
The Willowbrook Hospice Stakeholder Pension Scheme is a contributory scheme, with staff choosing their percentage of contribution. The Hospice will then match this contribution from 3% up to a maximum of 5%.
The holiday year runs from 1st April to 31st March. All full time staff initially receive25 days holiday for a full year’s entitlement, plus 8 Bank Holidays. Part time staff will receive holidays pro-rata to the number of days they work. Holiday entitlement increases after five years service to 27 days plus bank holidays (for full time staff) and after 10 years to 28 days plus Bank Holidays (for full time staff).
Staffing ratios at the Hospice are generally higher than in the NHS. We aim to maintain a higher proportion of qualified staff. This ensures that staff have more “time to care” for patients, carers and their families, and are able to offer higher quality nursing care.
We have a staff dining room at the Hospice where staff are offered a choice of food, freshly prepared on-site, ranging from hot meals, soup, sandwiches and salads. The food is sold at subsidised prices.
- Current Vacancies
- CHARITY SHOP MANAGER
- SENIOR STAFF NURSE (Band 6)
- RELIEF CHARITY SHOP MANAGER, Part Time
- SENIOR STAFF NURSE - BANK
- Bank Staff
- About Us
© 2014 Willowbrook Hospice.
All rights reserved.
Registered charity no. 1020240
Disclaimer | Accessibility
Willowbrook Hospice, Portico Lane
Prescot, Merseyside L34 2QT
Tel: 0151 430 8736
54/56 Claughton Street
St Helens, Merseyside WA10 1SN
Tel: 01744 453798
|Designed and built by Cultivate Creative|