Palliative Care Education
The Hospice has an important remit in leading and delivering an integrated Palliative Care Education programme to all healthcare professionals in the locality to ensure that patients are cared for in the best possible way in their preferred place of care, wherever that setting may be.
- We taught 52 medical students from Liverpool University studying to be doctors, 30 student nurse placements and 3 Physiotherapy students from local universities
- As a teaching unit, Willowbrook Hospice was able to offer a 6 month placements for an SPR (trainee Consultant) and 3 placements for GP Registrars.
- Our quarterly Community Forum disseminated End of Life Care education and best practice to all care homes in our catchment area, who together, provide a total of 1663 beds, supporting people to stay in their preferred place of care and helping to reduce hospital admissions.
- The Integrated Palliative Care medical team delivered a very successful six-session GP Palliative Education course to 34 local GPs.
- Our staff are encouraged to attend national and international conferences to broaden their experience and promote the good work done at Willowbrook. Wherever possible we encourage staff to submit extracts of their work.
- We also encourage non healthcare staff to pursue professional qualifications wherever possible not only for their own personal development but also to demonstrate the professional way in which we approach our work whether it is Health and Safety, HR, Finance or Fundraising etc
Willowbrook Hospice has excellent teaching facilities with a dedicated seminar room on the first floor with audio visual teaching aids. On the ground floor, staff can access the most up to date NHS on line Core Learning courses in our dedicated Training room. We also have a small library with many up to date periodicals, journals and reference books to help support our staff and visiting healthcare professionals
We also have a large 39 space car park in the hospice grounds which means that visiting students and delegates can park on the hospice grounds free allowing them to concentrate on their studies
© 2016 Willowbrook Hospice.
All rights reserved.
Registered charity no. 1020240
Disclaimer | Accessibility
Willowbrook Hospice, Portico Lane
Prescot, Merseyside L34 2QT
Tel: 0151 430 8736
Willowbrook Hospice - The Living Well
Borough Road, St Helens, WA10 3RN
Tel: 01744 453798
|Designed and built by Cultivate|